My Chromebook will not power on.
- Hold down the power button for at least 15 seconds. Then hit the power button. If your Chromebook has enough battery life, it will power on. If the device does not power on, then there is not enough battery power.
- You can sign out a chromebook charger from the library for a block to charge your device during that block.
How long should my Chromebook battery last?
- Most Chromebooks should last at least 8 hours on a fully charged battery. (They of course vary based on the the model of the Chromebook). Students will not be on their Chromebook 24/7, thus there should not be an issue with a battery lasting the day.
- When charging your Chromebook, verify that it is charging - a light will come on indicating that it is being charged.
How can I PROLONG the battery life of my Chromebook?
- Make sure the device is fully charged prior to coming to school
- DO NOT use your Chromebook as a means of charging your iPhone - this will drain the battery of your Chromebook
- DO NOT use your Chromebook as a means of streaming music or videos - this will drain the battery of your Chromebook
- When Chromebook is not in use, close the lid so that you can preserve the battery life
What are the expectations of me as a student?
- Students are expected to have their Chromebook fully charged PRIOR to attending MHS each day.
- When students are not using their Chromebook, lid should be closed to help converse battery life.
- Students are STRONGLY encouraged NOT to bring in their power adapter to MHS. MHS is not responsible for any power adapters that are lost or stolen.
- In emergency situations, students are able to charge their Chromebook in the media center at designated charging stations. MHS is not responsible for unattended devices and/or chargers.
How do I find the menu of keyboard shortcuts on my Chromebook?
If you hit the following keys together a pop up keyboard window will appear. Read the message above the keyboard as to which keys will showcase shortcuts.
Where can I find a complete list of keyboard shortcuts?
Want a complete list of all shortcuts that Google has compiled? Google has broken it down based on top: Tabs and Windows, Page Shortcuts, Browser Settings, and Text Editing.
Whenever I use my Chromebook, an orange box highlights what I have clicked and it speaks to me. How do I stop this?
Whether you knew it or not, you had turned on ChromeVox. ChromeVox is an accessibility tool that will read text on a screen to the user. To turn this off,
When Logged into Chromebook:
- Click on your profile icon (bottom right corner of the shelf).
- Select settings button
- Scroll down to the bottom of the setting window and click on Show advanced settings…
- Scroll down to the Accessibility settings section and uncheck “Enable ChromeVox (spoken feedback).
How can I get sound to work on my Chromebook?
The first place you will want to check is the status menu (click on your profile icon on the bottom right corner of your shelf). Make sure sound is not muted right from the menu.